Friday, August 14, 2009

Manticores are apparently Awesome.


I'm not exactly sure how this occurred other than it just being publicly available, but one of my pictures seems to be awesome. I don't know what this will mean for future generations. But I got a note in my flickr inbox telling me I had been nominated for an "awesome-off" i don't think there's a prize or anything, other than the satisfaction of knowing that you can be awesome.

For the reader's information, this drawing was a conceptual sketch for a photographic tableau piece I made back in late 2001. It never really saw the light of day, and the show it was featured in was a met with mixed reviews and almost zero attendance. It was considered "too dark" for the times we were occupying. Who knows. maybe the Manticore will have a renaissance after all.
Here is an excerpt from a much huger photograph. (We are talking like 14 feet long.)

Manticores will always hold a special place in my heart. But so will so many other monsters.

4 comments:

riye said...

Wow. That's really cool. Which show was this for?

Mr. Pony said...

Maybe you should pull these out again--We can do dark now, I think.

Heeero said...

I like it! Actually...if I look at it long enough...it's reaaally starting to creep me out a little.

Galspanic said...

The show was called "Manticore" actually. It was the second Workspace show.