Wednesday, August 5, 2009

August Moon at TCM

August Moon at The Contemporary Museum this Saturday is a benefit for the museum's children's education programs. Tickets are like, $75, but there's a wine tasting and food eating and stuff, so I don't know.

I mention this because one of the events will be a live drawing thing where a whole mess of local artists (including Galspanic and I) will be drawing pictures for people to buy, also benefitting TCM's education department. I am very nervous, ladies and gentlemen. Galspanic is a local art star in real life. In real life, I am only the friend of a local art star (Galspanic). I have not drawn using natural media in years. I may have asked Galspanic what he's going to draw about 19 times now. This may be a disaster. Nevertheless, I am quite proud to be involved, and we will report on this event in these very pages.

Details here.

12 comments:

Reno Schneider said...

Wish I could go!

Ruby Tenneco said...

Me too! Upload all drawrings!

riye said...

Sorry guys. I know its a good cause but I've already blown $$$ this week on a friend's wedding and groceries.

Don't panic, Mr. Pony--its a wine tasting, remember? Just wait an hour and I'm sure there will be plenty of suggestions coming your way. (ahem)

Mr. Pony said...

We'll totally share the work we do. It'll be like you guys got in for free! It'll be like stealing!

Galspanic said...

I don't know why Ponicus is so nervous. It's going to be chock-a-block full of artists drinking and eating and drawing. It's like parties I dream of having!

Mr. Pony said...

Maybe you should have a party like that! Maybe if you'd been having parties like that, this wouldn't feel so weird!

Fugu said...

bunch of artists eating and drinking and drawing... All your parties are already like that!

Mr. Pony said...

He's... he's been... having parties?

Fugu said...

Well not recently. Probably because of the younglings.

I think he has them in his head still though. I hear him, sometimes...

Galspanic said...

Actually with the exception of the elf party there isn't much drawing at my parties. Mostly because artists don't like to feel like they are working....
(snicker) ...artists...feeling...like they are...working
(guffaw)
Oh man that's hard to do with a straight face.

Ruby Tenneco said...

Hey, what was this like?

Mr. Pony said...

I have pictures. As soon as I find my damn camera, I will post them!