Thursday, September 3, 2009

Neat Tumblr Blogs

Been poking through some Tumblr blogs that folks have sent me to. I haven't spent much time there, so forgive the newness to me of an old thing. The spareness of the layouts seems to bring out some really thoughtful, contemplative, sometimes angsty, but generally compelling image combinations. Here are two I really like, via @theupturnednose:

youmightfindyourself

niflheim

Posts are easily reblogged, so good stuff tends to rise to the top, and it's easy to pinpoint where the quality is coming from.Many avenues of expression here. I really like Heather Rivers' log, here. And of course, there's bonerparty.

12 comments:

Galspanic said...

I'm sorry but this supercedes any discussion posted here today.

Fugu said...

OOOOOOMG. Mah hunter!

Mr. Pony said...

Hey, thanks, guys.

Galspanic said...

DUUU IT!

Fugu said...

Hey, no, really Pony, great post! I love that infinite scrolling technique that 'you might find yourself' uses. Plus, it made me read this, I guess...

"PORTMAN: Really, really obscene hip-hop. I love it so much. It makes me laugh and then it makes me want to dance. Those are like my two favorite things, so combined … I’ve been listening a lot lately to “Wait (The Whisper Song)” by the Ying Yang Twins, where the lyrics are like, “Wait ’til you see my dick”—which is just amazing because it’s whispered. [whispers] “Wait ’til you see my dick … ” [laughs] Crazy. So I just listen to it like I’m a five-year-old, like, “Oh my god! I can’t believe he just said that!”"

Fugu said...

And they even transfer over faction rep, and you keep your faction-specific pets!



Great post!

Galspanic said...

I like bonerparty and niflheim.

Galspanic said...

Dude, if you couldn't keep pets there'd be no point. Have you seen the new non combat raptor pets btw? SO CUTE!

Fugu said...

Naw, I mean like you can keep your horde specific roach pet as an alliance! My sister SO wants to switch over for the extra pets, but it's a 30 day wait until you can switch back, I think.


OMG superdeformedraptorpets FTW!

Galspanic said...

Ohhh yeaaaahhhh I forgot all about the horde specific pets. Remember when the Tauren prarie dog was a rare hard to find pet?

Fugu said...

I don't remember the prairie dog! Jebus, they had a "Murkimus the Gladiator" pet... crazy stuff:

http://www.warcraftpets.com/wow.pets/index.asp?page=1&ob=pet

Galspanic said...

The one I want is the Sen'jin fetish. The one I am happiest to own is One-eyed Willy. Willy is so choice.