Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Darwin's Interactive Tree of Life



This thing is everywhere, but I can't not post it. The video is clear and really beautiful, and the linked site has a sweet interactive cladogram, as well as swell resources for educators and scientists (and animators!). The project is at least a little creative commons and a little open source, too. All of it is downloadable, for classrooms with weak internet connections. All in all, this is a very good use of resources--not only is the content well-done and completely sharable; it's remixable, to boot. Great job, Wellcome Trust.

1 comment:

Fugu said...

I keep mixing up David and Richard Attenborough ever since Jurassic Park.

Hey so I finally watched this--this is very good! Pretty great cladogram, too, and I love that there's a downloadable version so I can geek out on my own time!

Recently found this as well: Follow Darwin's editing of The Orgin of Species through time. It makes me feel not as bad about rewriting my comments ten times over.