Thursday, June 4, 2009

This is my pencil. There are many like it, but this one is mine.




This is a site by Niklas Jansson, a Swedish game designer/artist/enthusiast. This guy takes his work seriously. I find his takes/renditions/upgrades on classic games to be refreshing and inspiring. He has many game retcon projects. I wish game companies would take him up on these retcons. I hope you all enjoy this guy as much as I do. Check out his blog here!

Note: Litcube may be interested in what he has to say about Masters of Orion. I think it resonates.

3 comments:

Litcube said...

I am pretty much in love with this Swedish fellow.

Litcube said...

This dude painted the FSM! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flying_Spaghetti_Monster

Fugu said...

Holy crap! That came up as my desktop background like a day ago. And come to think of it, it was my reference when I made this.

I think here is a guy who honestly likes a game for it's depth and detail rather than pretty three-dee rendering. This is refreshing. Someone should ask him about Pax Imperia.