Sunday, March 14, 2010

Norm MacDonald: Hero

I'm generally not a fan of these Comedy Central roasts, but Norm MacDonald's set for the Bob Saget roast is worth a look. The purpose of a roast set is to tell jokes that are so off-color, even an audience of hardened comics laughs uncomfortably. Ol' Norm accomplishes that same goal in a different way.

The Comedy Central Roast of Bob Saget
Outtakes - Norm MacDonald Pt. 1
www.comedycentral.com
Joke of the DayStand-Up ComedyFree Online Games


The Comedy Central Roast of Bob Saget
Outtakes - Norm MacDonald Pt. 2
www.comedycentral.com
Joke of the DayStand-Up ComedyFree Online Games


The Comedy Central Roast of Bob Saget
Outtakes - Norm MacDonald Pt. 3
www.comedycentral.com
Joke of the DayStand-Up ComedyFree Online Games

4 comments:

Mr. Pony said...

This is shockingly similar to what he was doing on SNL's Weekend Update.

Galspanic said...

That was one of those things where I wonder if the comics are thinking to themselves; "Oh my god, is MacDonald pulling a Sardusky Moonshot? Is he really going through with it? Oh my god, he is! He's really going to attempt a Sardusky Moonshot on TV! Holy shit! I hope nobody fucks this up!"

sokeripupu said...

norm mcdonald is awesome. the period on snl where he stopped giving a shit (shortly before he was fired) yielded some of the best material in comedy history, for serious. i wish i could find any of that stuff on youtube! he was also always great on conan o'brien when conan would have a random snl cast member on whenever he was short a guest.

i highly recommend "dirty work", although it's somehow less than the sum of its parts.

Litcube said...

Norm's always been my favourite comedian. I had to search for other sources, as Comedy Central won't allow Canadians to view their shit, but when I found it, I laughed my shit off.