Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Ways to be Effectively Heard

A friend's unique response to the outcry over President Obama's invitiation to give the commencement address at the University of Notre Dame.


In other, slightly related news, I saw this guy on the street, and I drove around the block three times trying to get a good photograph of him. He was all by himself, and in all honesty, I had no idea what he was getting at, at first. In fact, his sign was so nonsensical to me the first time around, I even considered honking to show my support for vague, surrealist protests.

All these things get me thinking not about reproductive rights, but about changing minds.

2 comments:

odori said...

That's amazing! Are you sure you didn't set him up?

I sort of would like to ask him what he's protesting. But I'm afraid the question would unleash a delirious one hour monologue.

odori said...

And nice move by the prospective Notre Dame law school student.