Monday, January 26, 2009

Rites


Hey, new album from Friend of Pieces of Things, Tettix: Rites.
I'm hoping this album will be a bit of a surprise to most of you, it's unlike anything I've done before. The entire album is a remodeling of Igor Stravinsky's "The Rite of Spring" - a ballet that caused riots at its 1913 debut because of a brazen use of dissonance and polyrythms. It was a symphony that changed the very definition of music and I hope I've done it at least some justice. If you're unfamiliar with the original, I highly recommend you check it out (there's full videos on Youtube of the symphony).

Check it out! Even though it looks like there may be some culture involved! Yikes!

4 comments:

Galspanic said...

Listening to it as I type. pretty bombastic. reminds me of something but I'm not quite sure what. There's a few bits that almost sound like Johnny Quest?

odori said...

I haven't gotten a chance to listen to much of it yet, but so far am impressed with POT Friend.

Mr. Pony said...

You know, I was listening to it this morning. I have to check, but I think parts of it started to hurt me when I wasn't paying attention.

Mr. Pony said...

In a good way, I should say; nearly a darn year later.