Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Bane is in the new Batman Movie and I don't care (illustration by @lessthankyle)


To me, Bane is a stupid relic of the '90s, when comics were so dumb I stopped reading them altogether. He's a child of the pro-wrestling craze and the steroid craze, a footnote in Batman Whatever, and the star villain of the idiotic Broken Bat/Knightfall/Belt and Pouch Armor Batman arc. Given the more psychological direction Nolan's Batman movies seem to take, I'm not sure where this is going. I think Bane will probably growl and yell a lot. His psychological thing will be rage, and/or anger and/or yelling; I predict.

But hey, I'm sure it'll be great. Here's where I learned of this, which includes a picture of Anne Hathaway standing next to a fan. Tom Hardy is going to be playing Bane in The Dark Knight Rises. He was in Inception. Also, he played that Romulan clone of Picard in Star Trek: Nemesis.

To round this out, here is a clip from the New Batman Superman Adventures which features still-ridiculous-looking but not ridiculous-sounding (thanks at least in part to voice director Andrea Romano, who I probably am in love with) Bane.

Batman fan art by @lessthankyle, which directly inspired this Fugu-style post.

1 comment:

Litcube said...

Everytime I look at this drawing, it makes me happy. I like to drink my morning coffee and make it the first thing I see in the day.