Saturday, April 4, 2009

WHATCHA GONNA DO, BROTHER....


I just realized that I've never seen a post about pro wrestling on here before, and with Wrestlemania 25 going down tomorrow, this seemed like a good time to have one.

Surely you all were WWF fans back in the heyday of the 1980's, right? I fondly remember wanting to be Jake the Snake Roberts and simulating the DDT on my brother on our parents' king-size bed. Rowdy Roddy Piper was another favorite.

Here's a nice retrospective of past Wrestlemanias.

Let's get ready to rummmbulllll!!!

2 comments:

Mr. Pony said...

I remember that it was so not okay to like the bad guys. I wonder how Pro Wrestling has affected the way I see politics. Similarly, I wonder if Fugu's concept of evil was influenced by the dastardly deeds of the Million Dollar Man and the Iron Sheik.

Fugu said...

I think it's more that I never watched the WWF, and maybe that's why I never learned the nuances of right and wrong.