Thursday, August 13, 2009

Drawn Out @TCMHonolulu


This is was the Drawing thing at The Contemporary Museum Honolulu was like. About 30 artists at one table made drawings to sell for $20 per to benefit the museum's children's education programs.


All in all, it was pretty fun. There were some really talented people there, and lots of folks I enjoyed talking to, as well as a few old friends. My photographs are intentionally crappy to better protect the identities of everyone present, probably. The rest of the event looked like this.

My finest moment came when I found myself sitting across from Masami Teraoka while drawing a picture of fucking Rom, Spaceknight. I was so very the opposite of proud. I think the only thing I did that I thought really worked was this picture of Hydra Agents yelling.


The rest of the stuff I did (and photographed) is here.

Wasn't a totally wash, though. I snagged this sweet drawing by local artist Cade Roster.

8 comments:

Fugu said...

Neato!

The Hydra Agents are especially slick. ^_^

Galspanic said...

My dad said this event was way too sober. There needed to be more alcohol all the way around.

Mr. Pony said...

You know what made it weird, was the wine tasting going on around it. I think something like this could be very interesting all by itself. R.H. was up for doing this again. Why don't we plan another? I think the thing could work; could even work as a fundraiser; if the foundation were strong--if we started with fewer parameters to begin with, and allowed the rules to evolve organically.

And drank more, yeah!

Galspanic said...

I'd love to do something like this again. Maybe a few less people and more dedicated to the act of drawing rather than a side note to a wine tasting. Yeah.
I'd definitely repeat this activity.

Litcube said...

This look really neat!

riye said...

Well be sure to invite the rest of us if you guys throw something together.

Looks like a fun evening. :-)

See Mr. Pony--and you were worried.

Mr. Pony said...

You're all invited. Even if you think you can't draw, Galspanic will teach you how, in three simple steps.

And actually, I'm still worried.

bekah said...

I love your hydra agents!