Monday, March 3, 2008

So...

A few days back Pone introduced the playthisthing.com site to the blog, much to the delight and consternation of the uninitiated audience. To my surprise upon reading, a mere few posts down was a play-by-play walkthru of one of my favorite games of yestercentury;
Ultima 3, aka: Ultima Exodus.
anyway, I was thrilled to see someone else had an interest in this game (I have the soundtrack on my iPod btw if anyone is interested.) until I looked at the homepage of said interested party.
I then became very aware of my self and surroundings, and went outside for some sunlight.
by the way, these instructional and review videos are amazing and the narration is hypnotic. Enjoy.

5 comments:

Mr. Pony said...

The event at 5:30 almost made me spit coffee all over my screen, but only because I listened to the thing all the way through up until that point, so skipping ahead may not produce the same effect for other listeners.

Galspanic said...

You refer to his "outside the box" method of cropping? Yes?
I for one love his color palette. It takes me back to playing Wizardry on the family Apple 2e.

Mr. Pony said...

Sorry, I had the time index backwards (time remaining vs. time elapsed). I should have referenced 4:25.

Mr. Pony said...

Just checked out his site. Pretty unusual. More study is required. It seems that a very large chunk of his site is about his site, or the workings of it--and by extension, the workings of his brain. Check out his rigorous description of a game he plays in his own head. I can't tell if galspanic has discovered a performance piece, or the real cave of a real wizard.

Galspanic said...

I'm leaning towards sorcery.