Saturday, February 23, 2008

Fez. From the GDC '08

Remember Pony's post about games that hack your brain? So here's something I saw on Destructoid from the 2008 Game Developer Conference. It looks pretty benign for the first few minutes, then it's all "hey, that's pretty cool," but then it's straight to "HOLY FUCKING CRAP."


I can't imagine what it must have been like to design levels for this game. Probably a room filled with autistic slave children and... erm, legos (so's I could get the label in there ^_^).


This + Portal = 

5 comments:

Galspanic said...

Wow, that's pretty damn nice. It reminds me of that day when I was playing Timepilot at Captain Video and realized that the jet plane wasn't moving at all. I think that day gave me +2 to Int. Futurama's spaceship uses that technology as well.
I wish the game would tweak with the vertical axis as well. that would be super neat. I kept thinking it was going to. I love that it uses forced perspective to get around. I keep thinking there's another game like this. Maybe I dreamt there was?

Demon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Demon said...

I reverse myself-I still want it, but now I find it interesting that you're actually rotating the planet itself in three dimensions-rather than just finding the third. The consistent frontal light source bothered me and I couldn't figure out why.

Galspanic said...

interesting point.

Mr. Pony said...

Yeah, I think if you get good at this, you're as good as dead, in the real world.