Thursday, May 22, 2008

McSorley's

Funny how things tie together. So here's Mr. Pony reviewing his trip to NYC, I recently read the Preacher comics he lent me, then this mention of McSorley's pops up on Laughing Squid. 

Ever been there? Looks like Ennis did a pretty good job capturing what it must have been like back then. Of course, the point of it is that it would look to be about the same if you were to walk through the door now as it did over 100 years ago. Although I bet they wore less baseball caps back then.

2 comments:

Galspanic said...

It was probably those newsie caps that Demon hates so much that they wore a hundred years ago.

Mr. Pony said...

I went there with Mako and Jonathan. He used to go there when he was a kid, and I guess I got a similar story, minus the being a vampire part, and minus it being around the turn of the century.